Re: [Amps] Ameritron AL-82/1200/1500 amps mis-wired!

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Ameritron AL-82/1200/1500 amps mis-wired!
From: Jim W7RY <w7ry@centurytel.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 06:21:57 -0700
Ameritron never offered a kit amplifier. They did supply Heathkit with the SB-1000 kit. I'm not sure who did what, but the Heathkit SB-1000 is an Ameritron AL-80A in kit form. Ameritron never sold the kit version.

The only Ameritron amplifiers that have this problem are the ones with step start, which are the AL-82, the AL-1200 and the AL-1500. These amplifiers are exactly the same box with just different tubes in them. (Some other small differences for metering and tube warmup timer etc).

The AL-80, AL-80A did not have step start. Neither did the SB-1000.

73
Jim W7RY