[Amps] PARALLEL CAPS IN OUTPUT

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] PARALLEL CAPS IN OUTPUT
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2013 05:21:58 -0800
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
> To: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
> Subject: Re: [Amps] PARALLEL CAPS IN OUTPUT

With all your bluster you still dont get it. All you are using is a short
piece of shielded cable, impedance has no bearing since it is too short to
present a meaningful reactance.
Your load cap change is due to the added C to ground of that shielded cable.

Having it is beneficial if the cable is long or passes near other circuitry
such as the input. Lift the RG-8 shield on a SB-220 and see what happens.
A high percentage of the ones I get thru here have cold solder joints which
will do wonders for stability.

Carl

###  heres one way to test my theory.   Toss the load cap..and replace it with
a 50 ohm resistor....
then wire from top of resistor with strap, wire etc, over to a coax
connector......then  on to the
MFJ-259B.   Now see if the MFJ says 1:1  swr.

Jim   VE7RF