[Amps] PARALLEL CAPS IN OUTPUT

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] PARALLEL CAPS IN OUTPUT
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 05:57:19 -0800
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 15:21:53 -0500
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
To: "Peter Voelpel" <dj7ww@t-online.de>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] PARALLEL CAPS IN OUTPUT

###  I tried an experiment carl.  6 inchs  long piece of cu strap,  that is .25
inch wide,with
a 50 ohm globar at far left side, globar mounted vertical.  Strap is 3 inchs
above chassis  at globar end,
and slopes down to 2 inches above chassis  at far right hand side....
terminating in a  SO-239 chassis
connector also 2 inchs above chassis.   SO-239 mounted to an AL  L bracket.
Entire length of the
strap is NOT parallel to the chassis below.   MFJ 259B connected to SO-239B .
Guess what the MFJ-259B reads ??     Heres a hint.   Its not 50 ohms.  Case
closed.

##  On another note, 13 ga wire is used inside RG-393 teflon coax...and handles
12+ kw just fine thank you.
I use 10 ga teflon wire, silver soldered to RG-393, for the pigtails on all my
choke baluns.  Zero problems so
far.  On the hb 3x3 and 3x6 amps and also YC-156 amps,  RG-393 also used from
vac load cap  to  vac relay
TR setup.   More  RG-393  from vac TR relay  to 7-16 Din output connector.

Jim  VE7RF

Your wasting your time arguing with Jim, he is in his own rut and doesnt
even read what and understand what others are saying.

Carl
KM1H