Re: [Amps] The cost of amplifiers, radios

To: Bill Turner <dezrat@outlook.com>, Amps group <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] The cost of amplifiers, radios
From: Catherine James <catherine.james@att.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2016 05:22:54 -0800
OK, then the Henry was the wrong example to make my point.

I don't think I've ever seen one at a hamfest, and as far as I know none of the
local hams use one. They run Ameritron, Dentron, or Kenwood. So I'm not really
familiar with Henry price or size.

(It was all I could do to carry the SB-220 back to the car after purchase.
Can't imagine doing that with a heavier amp. Next time, cart or dolly for me!)

It will be interesting to see how long it takes for the $/watt for solid state
amps to equal that of hollow state. Right now it's still 2:1.

73,
Cathy
N5WVR