Re: [Amps] The cost of amplifiers, radios

To: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>,<amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] The cost of amplifiers, radios
From: Paul Baldock <paul@paulbaldock.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2016 21:31:54 -0800
My main amp is an ACOM2000A. But when I need instant on for a QUICK qso I use my backup amp the L4-B. I run 3400V on the plates in the L4-B and comfortably get 1500W on SSB and CW. I have the original cooling fan, so I do not use it for RTTY.

I have no interest in cheating and running more than the legal limit. By the way for those that don't know, our legal limit on 30M is 200W PEP.

- Paul  KW7Y