Re: [Amps] Drake L4B to 6 Meters Help

To: "Michelle" <michelle_melt@windstream.net>,<amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Drake L4B to 6 Meters Help
From: Paul Baldock <paul@paulbaldock.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2016 07:38:00 -0800
Here's the results from my modified SB220

Plate voltage 2500V under load (SSB mode)
Plate current  .75A
Grid  230mA
Drive  75 watts
Output  1100 watts (key down, not pep)

Voltage and current readings are from the SB220 internal metering. Power is measured on a Kenwood SW2000A.

If you are still using a T network, then please change to a PI input network with the output cap right on the cathode. The Q should be around 4.

- Paul