Re: [Amps] FCC Denies Expert Linears' Request for Waiver of 15 dB Rule

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] FCC Denies Expert Linears' Request for Waiver of 15 dB Rule
From: Joe <nss@mwt.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2016 08:57:22 -0600

On 12/28/2016 8:40 AM, Manfred Mornhinweg wrote:
Hi Jim, and all,
Exactly!

At this moment I'm VERY tempted to brew a concoction from these ingredients:

To these hardware ingredients I would add some freely available software, such as Pavel Denim's software for the Red Pitaya, plus PowerSDR, using closed-loop, RF-feedback amplitude and phase predistortion to linearize the amplifier. The software has this already implemented.

I wonder is what you are describing here is similar to what I saw on a commercial FM ya know 88 to 108 FM Broadcast stations new transmitter.

The stations tech would change something on the transmitter, and the display after the chance ha a spectrum analyzer view-able, and right after the change you would see the typical wide looking broadcast signal.

But then it would all on it's own tune itself so the output was like in a solid brick wall, the side skitrts would adjust to the point that they were darn near vertical! !00% full frequency full power then, BOOM nothing! No sidebands of any kind at all. Incredible.

Joe WB9SBD

The Original Rolling Ball Clock
Idle Tyme
Idle-Tyme.com