Re: [Amps] Ham Tests, was Price per Watt Conversation

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Ham Tests, was Price per Watt Conversation
From: Thomas Walsh <w2co@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 07:30:25 -0600
Well assuming that you drove up on the accident, then your equipment
is still running. But if you were involved in the accident and your mic
is broken but you know the code, you could simply use the ptt wires by
touching the bare wires together. dit dit dit dah dah dah dit dit dit.
No soldering needed! Got a pocket knife? Yes I can send code with just
two bare wires. BTW this can be done whether it's an airplane, boat,
car or just about any broken slop bucket rig...
W2CO
20wpm extra, grol w/ship radar
stb GMDSS Maintainer

On Thu, 2017-04-27 at 08:03 +0000, Bill Turner wrote:
> ------------ ORIGINAL MESSAGE ------------(may be snipped)

> REPLY:
>
> I'm picturing you way out in the boonies, far from cell phone range,
> and you come across a terrible auto accident.
>
> You say to the survivors "Wait a minute, I've got a kit of parts right
> here".  "Now where do I plug in my soldering iron?".
>
> 73, Bill W6WRT

Sent from W2CO