[CQ-Contest] WPX Debate

Subject: [CQ-Contest] WPX Debate
From: aalaun@ibm.net (Fred Laun K3ZO)
Date: Fri Apr 10 16:05:04 1998
Wow, KQ2M is finally on the contest reflector!

I thought I would let this thread go by, but Bob has provoked me to comment.

Despite the fact that Bob and I have disagreed on many things over the
years, I whole-heartedly endorse his postulate that the best thing for
contesting would be if there were no time limits for any contest.

This despite the fact that in this last WPX SSB I only operated 31 hours,
have never used two radios, am 60 years old, and was no greater than third
place in Maryland, let alone the USA.

Forced inactivity when conditions are good is never a good idea.

73, Fred, K3ZO