[CQ-Contest] WPX debate

Subject: [CQ-Contest] WPX debate
From: ct1boh@mail.telepac.pt (CT1BOH - Jose Carlos Cardoso Nunes)
Date: Wed Apr 15 08:55:40 1998
I Just don't get it.
I was trying to refrain from intervening in this never ending debate about
the WPX but...
W7EW can't you understand that no matter how long the WPX is there are more
prefixes available in Europe than there are in Japan.
If there are two similar operators one on East Coast and another on West
coast, the East Coast WILL ALWAYS WIN.
The WPX is THE MOST STUPID LESS DEMANDING CONTEST THERE IS. (Just like the
ARRL from DX)
An operator has only 1 strategic decision to make and ONLY when  both HF and
LF are open:

             To determine if the value of your QSOs In time range (Forget
those who say rate
             is everything - They are wrong because Value is what matters)
is greater on HF or LF.

Once this is determined sit on a frequency and push F1 because multipliers
unlike the CQWW are a function of QSOs. You don't have to look for them or
move them, they just come to you.

But...I like the WPX and the idea that you want to shorten the WPX because
you wrongly think you stand a better chance against the East Coast spoils my
fun and probably 90% of the fun of World Wide operators.
If you want to compete with East Coast operator I suggest the following:

1. Go to an East Cost station and have your bottom kicked by them...
2. Invite East coast operators to the left coast and who knows? You may end
up......?

In the meantime why don't we make the WPX a 48 hour format?
Vy 73
Jose - CT1BOH
ct1boh@mail.telepac.pt
http://www.qsl.net/ct1boh