[CQ-Contest] WPX debate

Subject: [CQ-Contest] WPX debate
From: troesne@gwdg.de ("Thomas M. Rösner")
Date: Wed Apr 15 17:16:57 1998
At 07:55 15.04.1998 +0100, you wrote:

>In the meantime why don't we make the WPX a 48 hour format?
>Vy 73
>Jose - CT1BOH

Hy,
yes, that should be the best solution for sure (not ironically !!)

much fairer and much more fun !!

a 24  hours contest ist just playing around a bit,
you just get warm you up and it's finnished  :-(

I by myself, when operating the CQWW as SOP, I try to be
active all 48 hours, that is stressy but you can't images how fine
you feel sunday at 2400z, when you open a nice cold beer after the 48..hi
If you did not try it you won't understand, but what you fell is the real fun
of contesting...hi
You only feel a bit sorry for the lost chances from sunday morning when
you felt in involunteerly sleep  with hour head on the shacktable for 2-3
hours at
04 local time...hi

The real fascinating  and fatiguing ones are the best, but thats the fun! ..hihi

see you in any contest, in as much long as possible contests  :-)

73, Tom, DL8AAM  5Z4GD
(RRDXA)
Thomas M. Roesner
University of Goettingen
Institute of Geology and Dynamic of the Lithosphere
Goldschmidt Str. 3
D-37077 Goettingen, GERMANY
Private Address: Woerthstr. 17, D-37085 Goettingen
Email:  troesne@gwdg.de
PR:      DL8AAM@DB0EAM.#HES.DEU.EU