[CQ-Contest] QST vs. NCJ

Subject: [CQ-Contest] QST vs. NCJ
From: W3DMB@aol.com (W3DMB@aol.com)
Date: Fri Jan 11 16:57:44 2002

Actually, I don't think it would save them much money...  They sell
advertising space based on how many magazines they sell and how many people
will see the ads.  If they were to lose a lot of readers of QST they would
find that they couldn't charge as much per ad which means less money...
which means a smaller magazine to reduce the costs.

However, Cadillac advertises their cars on GOLF shows. If they were just
interested in the numbers then they would advertise on MTV but they know that
the viewers who watch Golf shows buy expensive cars - Thus, that is where
they advertise.   If the Ham Radio advertisers want to put their money where
the big buyers are they would support the contesters and DXers.  The "Shacks
on a Belt" are like MTV. There are a lot of them but they don't buy the big
gear.
IMHO
Jerry
W3DMB