[CQ-Contest] Deliberate QRM - an observation from Svalbard

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Deliberate QRM - an observation from Svalbard
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Fri Mar 7 08:36:57 2003
At 09:20 AM 3/7/03 +0100, Ragnar Otterstad wrote:
>What was very annoying, was the number of stations deliberately listening in
>the CW band- one even as low as 7017 !  What a way to create negative feelings
>towards the contest community  !

This one unfortunately worked both ways -- a number of European contest
stations were CQing below 7030 all weekend.  If this is to be prevented, I
think it will probably take either a unified 40M allocation for all three
regions (heaven on earth, but how realistic?) or strong steps by contest
organizers to enforce regional band plans (do we want this?).

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database was updated 23 Feb 03.
Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm