[CQ-Contest] Deliberate QRM - an observation from Svalbard

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Deliberate QRM - an observation from Svalbard
From: k1ttt@arrl.net (David Robbins K1TTT)
Date: Fri Mar 7 13:56:30 2003
> What was very annoying, was the number of stations deliberately
listening
> in
> the CW band- one even as low as 7017 !  What a way to create negative
> feelings
> towards the contest community  !
>

> By ignoring the bandplan several stations managed to escape a JW
> multiplier on
> 40.

Of course there is something else to consider.  If no stations answered
those guys listening in your cw band they would quickly stop listening
there.  So I would say it is the fault of stations in your region
violating the bandplan... after all, listening on a frequency doesn't
cause qrm, only transmitting does.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net