[CQ-Contest] Deliberate QRM - an observation from Svalbard

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Deliberate QRM - an observation from Svalbard
From: otterstad@enter.vg (Ragnar Otterstad)
Date: Fri Mar 7 23:38:26 2003
> What was very annoying, was the number of stations deliberately listening
in  the CW band- one even as low as 7017 !  What a way to create negative
feelings
> towards the contest community  !
>

> By ignoring the bandplan several stations managed to escape a JW  multiplier
on  40.

Of course there is something else to consider.  If no stations answered
those guys listening in your cw band they would quickly stop listening
there.  So I would say it is the fault of stations in your region
violating the bandplan... after all, listening on a frequency doesn't
cause qrm, only transmitting does.

David Robbins K1TTT

That is a valid observation. Not everybody feels as strongly as I do in
compliance with band plans, unfortunately !
Anarchy is not my cup of tea !  Rag Otterstad    LA5HE also JW5HE OZ8RO
located in Telemark - home of skiing.

My antenna "farm" can be found on HTTP://no.photos.yahoo.com/la5he when you
click on  Radio.

Take a look at: http://WWW.visitTelemark.com

or  http://www.visitnorway.com

I also belive in International law !