[CQ-Contest] If You Don't QSL, LISTEN UP!

Subject: [CQ-Contest] If You Don't QSL, LISTEN UP!
From: headrick@radar.nrl.navy.mil (James Headrick)
Date: Wed Aug 6 21:13:06 2003
I can't think of any reason for failure to respond to a SASE request for a
QSL.  Even if you don't have any cards you can write the confirmation info
on a piece of paper or the senders card and return it.  W3CP is not a high
number of contacts contester but has enough QSOs for a reasonable sample;
in the 2002 SS CW there were 340 contacts and three SASE requests, and in
the WPX CW, 424 contacts with only four SASE requests.  Even scaled up to
thousands of QSOs, answering SASEs shouldn't be too big a chore.

I quit being a card collector for awards some time ago, but I would like to
comply with every genuine QSL request, Bureau or direct. However there is
an aspect of QSLing that is very irritating to me.  This is the contester
who QSLs every contact via the Bureau and has "pse QSL" printed on his
sticker or card.  I am not computerized for contact checking, but after the
tenth or eleventh card from a callsign, all for the same Band and Mode, I
have the call memorized and realize this station could not possibly want
that many cards from me, probably not even the first one.  I really
appreciate people like ON4UN who state on their card no reply expected.

73  jim  w3cp