[CQ-Contest] If You Don't QSL, LISTEN UP!

Subject: [CQ-Contest] If You Don't QSL, LISTEN UP!
From: kr7x@comcast.net (kr7x@comcast.net)
Date: Wed Aug 6 01:59:22 2003
Jim and list:

I think as a contest operation you have an obligation to at least answer the
requests that are direct and via bureau.

As an operator at, and the QSL Manager for the IH9P operations since 1998, I
have had the same experience as Jim and the crew at KC1XX.

Fortunately this year JA3USA got Yaesu to print up 25,000 cards for the 2002
CQWW SSB operation and eveyone in the log was Q'd via the bureau for 2002
contacts. This is not quite the full undertaking that KC1XX attempted and I
applaud their effort.

Most casual operators both US and DX work stations for the contact and the card.
IH9P feels it has an obilgation to QSL all who ask for a card. It keeps them
comming back the next year.

I qsl direct SASE's within 2 weeks of receipt. Directs without SASE are Q'd via
the bureau along with the bureau cards, usually every 3 months. US cards direct
with SASE see above; all other US cards (direct no SASE and via the bureau, yes
I get many every month) are dead filed. If you are in the US and need a IH9P
card (SSB operations only) send direct with a SASE and you will get a card.

This is a hobby and we all have other pressing matters, but to keep the pool of
available contacts in contests we need to extend the effort to fill the
requests for QSL cards.

P.S. I put the 2002 log on the ARRL LOTW

73

Hank / KR7X
IH9P Pantelleria Contest Team
Tikirriki Contest Club