[CQ-Contest] If You Don't QSL, LISTEN UP!

Subject: [CQ-Contest] If You Don't QSL, LISTEN UP!
From: chas.shaw@verizon.net (Charles W. Shaw)
Date: Wed Aug 6 03:06:41 2003
        I have been reading this thread with particular interest trying to gain
insight regarding the problem I have noticed most in recent years:
        W station (or DL or other large ham population type op) goes to a
slightly
difficult (not necessarily rare) entity for a contest or
vacation/DXpedition and before or after the test spends considerable time
"testing antennas" at contest rates.  Then when I try to exchange cards
with him for a needed band/country--the card exchange is outgoing only!

        My feeling is:  No matter the reason for a station going outside his
home
territory; if he gets on and works pile-up style 599 exchanges by the
hundreds, HE IS OBLIGATED TO RETURN QSL when I provide the envelope and
postage for him.
        But it certainly has not been working that way for me lately.

73, Chas. - N5UL