Re: [CQ-Contest] Partial Exchanges

To: "Paul O'Kane" <paul@ei5di.com>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Partial Exchanges
From: "Thomas Horton" <k5iid@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 23:50:02 -00
Paul,
 As much as I appreciate working you in the contests, I have to state that
in my opinion that you are totally wrong by not following the rules.
 Like it or not, the rules are the rules. Just because you disagree with
them,
does not give anyone the right or authority to arbitrarily change the way
the
game is played.
 In several contests the senders call sign is part of the exchange. I guess
we shouldn't bother with that either, since we should know who we are,
right?
No, sorry, that's just not the way to play the game.
 Gentlemen,and ladies, should play their games by the posted rules.
To do less should call for disqualification.
 By the way, I operate a lot of contest QRP and I get lots of non-599
reports and I log 'em as I hear 'em.

Just my $.02 worth!
73, Tom K5IID