Re: [CQ-Contest] QST...A radical thought?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] QST...A radical thought?
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 18:38:36 EST
I spoke with two of the reps from the ARRL today at the Tampa Bay Hamfest
and mentioned my idea about the possible on-line delivery of QST.  I also
mentioned that this would allow addtional lines scores, traffic handling info
and
all the other goodies the elague doesn't have space for.  I also  mentioned
how it might be a money saver not having to print and mail.

My idea was met with, uh...less than a positive thought...not a good idea,
the advertisers won't like it, too hard to implement, we don't have the
computer  resources etc..  I was also informed again that contesters are not a
signicant focus for the ARRL and that the focus of the boys in Newington is the

guys who are the no-code techs, and the boys who frequent two meters.  They
are
the majority of the ham population.  The DXers and contesters are a  small
minority of the entire ham population

So much for my idea.  The league has spoken.  I will continue to  support the
ARRL, but it is a shame the two officials I spoke to have this  attitude.

Bill K4XS