Re: [CQ-Contest] What to log?

To: Alan Zack <k7acz@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] What to log?
From: Tom Frenaye <frenaye@direcway.com>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 19:18:23 -0400
At 05:34 PM 5/19/2005, Alan Zack wrote:
>I have always heard (beginning when I was a KL7) that when a US licensed
>amateur operates from Canada he must still abide by the US freq bandwidths but
>this is not stated so on your reference.  It does say Canadian hams operating
>in the US must abide by the US bandwidths and not Canadian bandwidths.  Did I
>have it backwards all these years?

Alan -

I don't know about having it backwards, but when in the USA, Canadians have to
follow FCC rules for US amateurs, and Americans operating in Canada have to
follow Industry Canada rules.

I don't know when (or if) they were ever different [perhaps before the US/VE
reciprocal operating treaty was signed i 1952].

             -- Tom