Re: [CQ-Contest] L.O.T.W.

To: "Buck - N4PGW" <n4pgw-list2@towncorp.net>,"'N7MAL'" <N7MAL@CITLINK.NET>, <CQ-CONTEST@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] L.O.T.W.
From: "Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 13:58:01 -0700
As I recall the postcard can take a few weeks. Once you get your
first certificate activated (via the postcard), however, all additional
certificate requests/renewals can be done online with very quick
turnaround (either via email or website upload/download). I would
encourage everyone, however, to make a backup copy of their
current certificates to a .P12 file (this is easily done from within the
TSQSLCert program). I had a hard drive crash recently and didn't
have a current backup. Fortunately, I did have an old certificate
backup, so Wayne N7NG was able to reset my account so that I
could submit new renewal requests via email against my old certificates
without having to go through the post card routine. If I had kept a
current certificate backup (e.g. current .P12 file), it would have been
even easier to recover from the crash (just a matter of loading the
.P12 certificate backup file into TQSLCert).

----- Original Message ----- From: "Buck - N4PGW" <n4pgw-list2@towncorp.net>