Re: [CQ-Contest] L.O.T.W.

To: "N7MAL" <N7MAL@CITLINK.NET>, <CQ-CONTEST@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] L.O.T.W.
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@ispwest.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 18:26:23 -0700
At 02:04 AM 7/16/2005, N7MAL wrote:
>I've heard a lot of moaning and groaning because it's to complicated or to
>time consuming etc.

The moaning and groaning is right on. LoTW is far too complex for the level
of security needed. I can log into my bank account with only a user name
and password and do financial transactions in perfect security. No
"certificates", no "signing" of transactions, no .TQ8 files, no .p12 files,
no yearly renewal, etc, etc.

Each of us should put pressure on our ARRL director to fix it. LoTW should
be a source of pride to the ARRL, not a source of endless complaints.

Bill, W6WRT
LoTW user since day one... that's how I know.