Re: [CQ-Contest] Trying to compile list of all known Cabrillo contestIDs

To: VR2BrettGraham <vr2bg@harts.org.hk>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Trying to compile list of all known Cabrillo contestIDs
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2006 07:48:07 -0500
At 12:42 AM 1/7/2006, VR2BrettGraham wrote:

>Cabrillo _was_ a great idea, but it's falling apart because so many
>have run off with it on their own.  v3 looks to be an attempt to deal
>with failure to work with what is already specified.  Just look at lists
>of logs received to see just how non-compliant logs are being sent
>to just ARRL (a major reason why we have Cabrillo).  I recently tried
>to work with a CQ WW log done with a logging product of some
>significance & here we have a major product that has its own idea of a
>QSO template.

Brett, you're comparing apples and oranges here.  If something is
defined in the kkn.net spec, but some logging program produces
non-compliant output, that's a different problem than if someone
adopts the format FOR THEIR CONTEST, develops their own QSO template,
and accepts log submissions compliant to THAT TEMPLATE.

Anyway, I have changed the web page slightly to make it more clear as
to what is Cabrillo and what is "Cabrillo".

         http://www.ad1c.us/contest-id.htm

73 - Jim AD1C

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us