Re: [CQ-Contest] Trying to compile list of all known CabrillocontestIDs

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Trying to compile list of all known CabrillocontestIDs
From: "Dale Martin" <kg5u@hal-pc.org>
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2006 12:21:09 -0600

> The sponsor's robot can be trained to see the string for its
> particular contest, and off we go.

Don't be too sure about the robot's ability or facility to be trained, Pete.

I asked ARRL why my log gets busted back occasionally when I type my club
affiliation as something like:

"Central Texas DX & Contest Club"

It seems the robot doesn't/cannot recognize that as what it wants to see:

"Central Texas DX and Contest Club"

Pity that for all the capabilities and work the robot does, it cannot do a
simple, mundane task like recognize a small variation in a club name.  I
thought that was what software programming was all about:  make the robot
'smart'.

Interestingly, the CTDXCC website is titled "Central Texas DX & Contest
Club", but the ARRL Club list has "Central Texas DX and Contest Club".

73,
Dale, kg5u