Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC Selection Criteria

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC Selection Criteria
From: Steve London <n2icarrl@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 18:37:15 -0500
Something to think about:

What is the real purpose of splitting the USA into different areas ?

1) To provide an opportunity for operators in propagationally-challenged areas
to have a chance to qualify ?

2) To provide cultural diversity, so that team captains represent all areas of
the USA based on where they sleep most of the time ?

Keep in mind that with the WRTC-2006 selection criteria, someone could qualify
as a team captain representing a region of the USA, even though they did not
operate any contests from that region. Yes, this did happen.

I have complete faith in my good friends, our Russian hosts of WRTC-2010, to
come up with a process that is fair to everyone. They have a long history of
organizing successful on-site competitions.

73,
Steve, N2IC