Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC Selection Criteria

To: ku8e <ku8e@bellsouth.net>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC Selection Criteria
From: n3bb@mindspring.com
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 17:31:31 -0600 (GMT-06:00)
The PY WRTC organizers had it almost right, but the divisions in the US (and
probably Canada as well) should be more north and south rather than east and
west. For WRTC 2004 the "Central US" went all the way from N2IC in SW NM to
N8II near Washington DC. That's not right. How about four USA divisions; the
four standard time zones: EST, CST, MST, and PST. That would be more fair, and
stations would be competing with a more peer-like group. There is no way to
make it level for everyone, and there will be N vs S arguments, but that would
be better than it was the last time. The southern US portion of the EST area
might not get Europe like New England (who does!) but you would have the
advantage in events like NAQP and SS over them. That seems like the best
compromise to me.

Jim George N3BB/5