Re: [CQ-Contest] Counting DC as a Multiplier and Not as Part ofMaryland.

To: Eric Rosenberg <wd3q@starpower.net>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Counting DC as a Multiplier and Not as Part ofMaryland.
From: John Geiger <n5ten@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 08:12:00 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Eric,

I have to agree with you on this one.  DC isn't part
of Maryland, so it shouldn't count as such.
Precedence has been set for this, as DC counts for a
separate mult in the ARRL 10 meter contest, and it
might in the ARRL DX contest, I can't remember on that
one.  We are always looking for ways to create new
DXCC entities, this would be a good way to create a
new mult.

In addition, any DC QSOs should not count towards the
WAS award.  It isn't part of Maryland, so why get
credit for working a state you didn't work.  PR
doesn't count towards FL for the WAS, it counts
towards nothing for the WAS award, and DC should have
the same status.

But lets hope for the Sweepstakes that the ARRL
doesn't choose to break up VE8, VY1, and VY0 into
separate mults, as a sweep would become very tough.

73s John W5TD