Re: [CQ-Contest] Paddle Opinions?

To: w9fx@verizon.net, CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Paddle Opinions?
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 20:04:01 EDT
If you are planning to use the paddles for just the occasional fill while
using the keyboard for the normal contest sending/logging, I suggest you look
into the K9LU Bulldog paddle.

For several years I've been using the magnetic base version while mobile,
and it is great. Very small ( about a square inch footprint), light (  a couple
of ounces), and it fits into medium sized pill bottle for storage.  It doesn't
have the exquisite feel of precision machining that you get with  a Bencher,
but it's not bad either. Cost is about $30.

I think it would be a great choice for DXpedition work. Little suitcase
space/weight, and it is going to attract a lot less attention by  TSA/Customs
people than a Bencher.

When not on the road, I have glued a large flat washer to the upper right
corner of my logging keyboard, and stick the Bulldog on it, using it with  the
NA keyer.  I still have the Bencher with a separate  keyer for  when the
computer crashes, but for quick fills the Bulldog is a lot closer to  where my
hands
are working.

73   -   Jim    K8MR