Re: [CQ-Contest] Paddle Opinions?

To: k-zero-hb@earthlink.net, CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Paddle Opinions?
From: steve.root@culligan4water.com
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 13:26:03 +0000
I also have been using a Kent Iambic paddle for the last several years. Very
solidly built and it holds adjustments well. Nothing fancy but a solid
servicable unit. For my taste it sits too close to the table so I replaced the
rubber feet with taller ones.
I had to retire my Brown Brothers paddle. The paddles swivel on pointy-ended
pins. The surface that the pointy ends mate with became completely worn out. If
I ease up on the tension to allow free movement then I have excessive vertical
play, and it gets worse as I use it. I still miss that paddle but I have no
idea how to fix it :(
73 Steve K0SR