Re: [CQ-Contest] Paddle Opinions?

To: CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Paddle Opinions?
From: Aldewey@aol.com
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 21:27:03 EDT

In a message dated 10/17/2007 6:46:59 P.M. Central Standard Time,
w9fx@verizon.net writes:

Fully understanding that likes/dislikes in paddles (or scotch,  women and
cigars...) can be completely subjective, I'd appreciate knowing  what you
like (or, don't) and, if you can tell my why you feel strongly  about any
particular brand/model.

Brad;

My very first paddle was a vibroplex single paddle type which I purchased  in
the mid 1960s.  I have continued to use the same type ever since.   Right
now, I use a Chrome Plated version of essentially the same paddle.   Parts for
the paddle are still available from VibroPlex.

I have never made the transition to Iambic Keying.  I tried time and  time
again and just never felt as comfortable with any kind of iambic paddle as  I
have with a straight paddle.  I finally gave up trying.  The  straight paddle
just seems more comfortable to me.  I know it is a matter  of preference,
though.  I suspect there may be some guys that use dual  lever paddles but
still
slap them back and forth the like a single paddle.

The bottom line, I guess, is whatever you are more comfortable with.

73,

Al, K0AD