Re: [CQ-Contest] Paddle Opinions?

To: Zack Widup <w9sz@prairienet.org>, CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Paddle Opinions?
From: Dennis McAlpine <dbmcalpine@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 10:31:25 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
I, too, have been using a Brown Bros paddle for many years and it has been a
joy to use.  But it is suffering from too many Field Days, CQ WWs, etc. and is
now in need of replacement.

At a recent FOC gathering in D.C., we had an exhibit of a number of different
paddles and I had a chance to try them all, including one little paddle made
from a paper clip (it worked well, too).  We did not have the Chevron paddle
from the U.K. but did have most of the others.  I was particularly impressed
with the Begali paddles with their magnetic return (we had two of them on
display, a Signature and a Sculpture), and both were a joy to use.  I have kept
my eye out for one on the various web sites but apparently those that have them
don't want to get rid of them.  Maybe, it's time to break down and go for a new
one.

73,

Dennis, K2SX