Re: [CQ-Contest] WW CW wrong Zone sent?

To: "'Kenneth E. Harker'" <kenharker@kenharker.com>,"'K0HB'" <k-zero-hb@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WW CW wrong Zone sent?
From: "Paul J. Piercey" <p.piercey@nl.rogers.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 12:47:03 -0000

Hi Ken,

You bring up a good point but I would like to add to it. Yes, the zones are
different in IARU so, if you receive a suspect zone from a W2 or VE2, then
might it be easier, and more helpful to the guy just giving out a few
points, to take a few seconds to explain to him the differences or at least
verify that he is where he says he is? I walked a dozen or more stations
through the exchange in SS Phone and, hopefully, most of them will retain
that knowledge for the future.

I realize it may kill your rate for a while but, in the long run, it may
help a prospective new contester and all who work him subsequently?

Just a thought.

73 -- Paul VO1HE