Re: [CQ-Contest] WW CW wrong Zone sent?

Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WW CW wrong Zone sent?
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 10:27:20 -0700
I think it's obvious that we are all supposed to copy the zone that was
sent, and to trust the scoring process to take that into account if it
was wrongly sent to enough people to flag the system.  The comment
passed on from K1TTT clearly shows that to be the intent.  It may not
work all of the time and I definitely heard a couple of zones being sent
incorrectly and inconsistently due to bad fists this past weekend.  The
folks on the receiving end of those exchanges might get screwed as a
result, but I bet that happens less often than the other guy typing your
call incorrectly.

However, I don't understand the folks that think they should get credit
for the zone that was sent incorrectly if the scoring committee can
clearly determine it was wrong.  Why should anyone expect to get credit
for working someone who wasn't where he said he was?  The culprit isn't
the scoring committee that gave you credit for what you actually worked
... the culprit is the guy who was either too clueless or too dishonest
to tell you where he really was.  It seems to me that abandoning reality
is an open door for abuse.

73,
Dave   AB7E