Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesting using remote stations

To: "'Kenneth E. Harker'" <kenharker@kenharker.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesting using remote stations
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 15:37:56 -0400
> So, you're grievance is not so much with remote stations as
> with QTH envy? I guess you are against guest operators at
> bigger/better located stations than their own, too?

No, I don't have "QTH envy" nor do I have anything against
guest operators who actually travel to the station they are
operating.  I do oppose stations in a location where the
operator is not present.  I would be as much against "guest
operators by internet" - situations where a local in a DX
QTH rents his station (and call) during a DX Contest to someone
in the US/EU who is NOT LICENSED in the DX location and NEVER
BEEN in the DX location.

Such "DXpedition by wire" operations really bother me; I could
even make a case that they are not legal because the operator
is not licensed to operate in that country or the presence of
a "control operator" makes such operations "multi-operator"
at the minimum (or illegal third party communications).