Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesting using remote stations

To: <ve4xt@mts.net>, "'cq-contest reflector'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesting using remote stations
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 15:58:11 -0400
So you would have no problem if I operated a station on Sable
or St. Paul without ever being licensed in Canada (put aside
US/Canadian reciprocity for this discussion)?  How about PJ4,
PJ2, FJ, etc. without being licensed in those countries?  What
about IT9, EA8, EA9, ZD8?  I wonder if the cables are still in
place to KH3, KH4, KH9?

I think such operations violate so many rules/laws/treaties
that they are absurd on their face even though they are
technically possible.

At the very least, the "control point" for any contest entry
should be required to be in the same "multiplier" (country,
state/province, section, county, oblast, etc.) as the station
being operated and the operator must be licensed to operate
in the jurisdiction of the transmitter.