Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesting using remote stations

To: Jimk8mr@aol.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesting using remote stations
From: "Kenneth E. Harker" <kenharker@kenharker.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 15:31:18 -0700
On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 06:22:01PM -0400, Jimk8mr@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 3/17/2008 5:33:05 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> kenharker@kenharker.com writes:
>
> The potential of using multiple remote locations is a valid  concern and
> one that contest sponsors need to make sure is prohibited and  communicated
> the contest community through rules clarifications,  changes, or FAQs.
>
> =============================
>
> What is the problem with using multiple remote locations?  Why is  this any
> different from what I do in CW SS, operating from several different  physical
> stations during the course of the contest?

"Using multiple remote stations for the same contest operation" I guess
would be a more specific summary of my point.  If a contest permits you
to operate from station A for 24 hours and then station B for 24 hours,
then I'd have no problem with A and B both being remote stations.  What
would be objectionable is using remote stations A and B under the same call
sign (for example, if they are in the same DXCC entity) to contribute to
one score.

--
Kenneth E. Harker WM5R
kenharker@kenharker.com