Re: [CQ-Contest] Web Poll (Signal reports yes/no)

To: "Paul O'Kane" <pokane@ei5di.com>, <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Web Poll (Signal reports yes/no)
From: "Robert Chudek - K0RC" <k0rc@pclink.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 20:10:36 -0500
> The acid test of any rule is to publicly break it, then
> invite the authorities to penalise you or to admit the
> rule is no longer in force.

Let's put this idea to the real acid test...

The posted speed limit is 55 mph. (It's the rule)
You blow down the road at 75 mph. (Publicly break it)
Then invite the authorities to penalize you. (Cop pulls you over and writes
a ticket)
Or to admit the rule is not longer in force. (Yeah, try telling that to the
judge)

> If no one is penalised this year, we will know for certain
> that the rule is a lapsed rule

Sorry... nope, you just got lucky, the cop didn't catch you this time. The
rule is still on the books.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN