Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL DX Phone Results

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL DX Phone Results
From: George Fremin III <geoiii@kkn.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 05:17:25 -0700
On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 08:23:50PM -0400, ku8e wrote:

>  Seems like most of the content in QST today is geared towards
> beginners or towards stuff other than contesting. I am an ARRL life
> member and most the time I seem to just glance through my copy every
> month.

If you have looked at a QST in the last 4 or 6 months or so you will
surely notice that there is now an entire section - several pages that
has been set aside for "Radiosport" coverage.  This is a great thing.

It is true, the content of this new section has been geared toward the
beginning contester but that is what needs to be in QST.  I want the
ARRL and CQ and everyone else to sell contesting to folks that are new
the ham radio, new to the HF bands or just looking for something else
to do with their new HF privileges.  I do not need to see my name or
call in QST.  I will not deny that I do like to see my efforts written
up but that is not why I get on the radio and do radio contests.  I do
the radio contests for the challenge and the fun I have when I operate
the radio.  Getting more folks to get on the radio to give us more
contacts is much higher on my list than a laundry list of the winners
of the contest printed in QST.

I do not know what happened to the results article but things
get screwed up all the time in this world - big deal - move along.

When is the next contest?

This weekend - get on the radio.

--
George Fremin III - K5TR