Re: [CQ-Contest] I've heard it all now!

To: KI9A@aol.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] I've heard it all now!
From: "Alex Malyava" <alex.k2bb@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 21:25:00 -0500
"Back in USSR" it was pretty common to hear second harmonic on 80.
Many hams were building radios with tube finals trying to get 120W out
of 50W tube resulting in harmonics etc...
You could even mis-tune your pi-network looking at output of second
harmonic at 80 :)

I don't believe in it here, especially with commercially built radios...