Re: [CQ-Contest] I've heard it all now!

To: wn3vaw@verizon.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] I've heard it all now!
From: "Tom Haavisto" <kamham69@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 09:44:13 -0500
I think part of the problem is some folks use what must be considered
SWL type gear on the ham bands.  While this may be fine on a
day-to-day basis, it certainly does not stand up to congested band (ie
contest) conditions.  So, when these folks complain about signals
being 10 khz wide, the band is full, splatter, second harmonics, etc.,
one really needs to look at the type of gear the person who is doing
the complaining is using...

While understanding why they are complaining, it also points to where
the solution lies...

Tom - VE3CX