Re: [CQ-Contest] Do serial numbers in contests hinder participation?

To: cq contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>, Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Do serial numbers in contests hinder participation?
From: Julius Fazekas <phriendly1@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 06:18:03 -0700 (PDT)
Jim,

To me the answer is: it depends.

Serial numbers are fine, but challenging if you play in multiple contests both
with and without them. Tougher yet, if you mix DX and Domestic contests in the
brew.

I probably would lean towards the area I have better propagation and fields
more mobile operations or has a tremendous variety of fixed stations,
regardless of exchange... Which is probably why I was more active in the OkQP
than VaQP. W0AA/m and W4W/m did make the ND and Va parties more fun for me.

Hope to reciprocate in the WV and Tn QSO Parties this year with mobile ops of
my own. Have Rita's support and some experience (read better antennas) so
should make more of a dent ;o)

cheers,

Julius Fazekas
N2WN

Tennessee Contest Group
http://www.k4ro.net/tcg/index.html

Tennessee QSO Party: Sunday, 6 Sept 2009
http://www.tnqp.org/

Elecraft K2/100 #4455
Elecraft K3/100 #366