Re: [CQ-Contest] Do serial numbers in contests hinder participation?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Do serial numbers in contests hinder participation?
From: "Paul Mackanos - K2DB" <k2db@k2db.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 10:57:01 -0400
I remember seeing something in the NY QSO Party comments about serial
numbers.  Note that two of the most popular state QSO parties (CA and
PA) both use serial numbers in the exchange.

When drafting the preliminary NYQP rules, we originally thought that a
serial number exchange would be good, but after many comments to us from QSO
party participants, we came up with this for the NY QSO Party:

EXCHANGE:
. NY stations send Signal Report and County (using 3 character abbreviations
listed below).
. Stations outside of NY send Signal Report and State, Canadian Province or
"DX".

NYQP Rules are at www.rdxa.com

Paul K2DB