Re: [CQ-Contest] Station Inspections

Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Station Inspections
From: "John T. Laney III" <k4bai@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 08:33:44 -0400
Inspectors are welcome at my station or anywhere I am operating as far
as I am concerned.  I hope they can avoid being too disruptive.   I have
been operating at multi op stations in the US and abroad since 1966 and
have never been at one that didn't closely monitor to avoid excess
power.  With one exception that I didn't know about in advance, all used
lock-out devices or other methods to keep from violating the one signal
per band/mode rules.  Anyone is welcome to come and verify that.
Visiting inspectors at WRTC stations haven't been disruptive because
there is always an extra person (the on-site referee) to greet them.
That wouldn't be the case for single ops or small multi ops.  73, John,
K4BAI.