Re: [CQ-Contest] Station Inspections - A Cheater Confesses

To: "'Ken Alexander'" <k.alexander@rogers.com>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Station Inspections - A Cheater Confesses
From: Doug Renwick <ve5ra@sasktel.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 12:01:26 -0600
Let's throw this out for thought ... In my opinion I would say that more
than 50% of contesters have cheated in a contest at one time or another.
Cheated, operated outside the rule, either accidentally or purposefully.
They could be small cheats, middle cheats or big cheats.  For example
operating on the wrong frequency, running a tad over the power limit,
rubber clocking, using assistance of all kinds including super check
partial; the list is very long.  So how do you define cheating that is
worth a DQ?  The line between big cheating and other levels of cheating
are grey.  Or are lesser levels of cheating really cheating?
IMO, no matter what penalties there are for big cheaters, there will
certainly be those that would still cheat.  The threat of the 'death
penalty' wouldn't deter them.

Doug

I'll run the race and I will never be the same again.