Re: [CQ-Contest] A new "DX cluster" experience for contesters

To: <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] A new "DX cluster" experience for contesters
From: "Robert Chudek - K0RC" <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 21:09:37 -0500
From: "Paul O'Kane" <pokane@ei5di.com>
To: <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Sent: Monday, April 12, 2010 5:37 PM

Well the same principle holds true for cellphones, Twitter, Skype, Facebook,
and other technologies that have displaced hard-wired, centralized switching
systems operated by young ladies wielding cords across a large patch panel.

What's the point? Technology changes everything, whether you like it or not.

The Reverse Beacon Network is in a position to eventually replace the old
spotting network paradigm. Why do I want some 'bozo' who thinks they can
copy CW, posting spots for BY1V on 20 meters at noon local time?

Technology will not undermine amateur radio. Operators unable to adapt and
take advantage of newer technologies will undermine amateur radio.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN