Re: [CQ-Contest] A new "DX cluster" experience for contesters

To: Christian Schneider <prickler.schneider@t-online.de>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] A new "DX cluster" experience for contesters
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 08:38:01 -0400
It has long disappointed me to see WAE, RDXC etc. endorsing the notion
that since it is impossible to spot cheaters using cluster technology,
let's just legalize the cheating by doing away with the distinction.  I
will continue to operate in contests that maintain the distinction, as
an unassisted single-op, while at the same time enjoying the technology
in other contests and contexts.

By the way, so long as the RBN spot stream is publicly available, what's
to prevent the statistical analysis pioneered by VE5ZX and CT1BOH from
being applied to all single-op unassisted logs?  The "signature" of
covert use of RBN spots should be just as visible using this methodology
- see http://www.radiosport.ca/rsrp/documents/2RE%20signatures.pdf

73, Pete N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
reversebeacon.blogspot.com