Re: [CQ-Contest] In-state stations in QSO Parties...

To: <Jimk8mr@aol.com>, <mike@n0hi.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] In-state stations in QSO Parties...
From: "Robert Chudek - K0RC" <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 22:45:41 -0500
Jim,

"Better to sign W3WW/4 or W3WW/FL."

This doesn't make any sense to me.

W3WW/4 could be in any of the eight 4-land states. It doesn't tell me he's
in Florida.

W3WW/FL tells me he's a DX station in a French Department somewhere or maybe
he's in Florida can't tell for sure.

W3WW/?? Slash anything, causes callsign synchronization issues when
uploading to eQSL or LoTW.

W3WW BRE tells me he is a station in Brevard county and YES I want to know
that he hasn't moved to another county. As soon as I type his callsign, my
contest software shows me all the contacts I have made with that station, no
matter which band, mode, or county.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN