Re: [CQ-Contest] SS CW question

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SS CW question
From: "Rick Lindquist, WW3DE" <ww3de@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 10:57:10 -0500
Sorry, Steve. I misread the intent of your comment.

The station replying should send the call sign of the other station, of
course, but the station answering is, indeed, under no specific obligation
under the rules to send the call sign of the station he/she came back to.

I choose to do so anyway.

When a station replying to my CQ sends my call sign back to me, I then know
whether he/she got it right in the log. This past weekend, several did not,
and I then could send a quick correction.

As for including your own call sign as part of the exchange, the rules
specifically obligate participants to do this. Nonetheless, each year I
encounter several stations that do not. Some send just a suffix, but that's
not a "call sign" as I read the rules.

Rick / WW3DE