[CQ-Contest] 1st legal limit amplifier

To: SCCC <sccc@contesting.com>, CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] 1st legal limit amplifier
From: Timothy Coker <n6win73@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 09:08:50 -0800
Is anyone willing to share with me their experiences with their
amplifier that they are using for contesting? My main HP contest
interest is the California QSO Party, CQ WW WPX, and ARRL DX. I have a
lesser interest in working DX through the week for all time new ones
or new band/entities. During contests that I am not serious about I
will S&P Assisted using point and click on packet/skimmer spots to
hand out the points.

My station setup is as follows:

FT-2000, SB-220 (usually 800-400w output), Top Ten Automatic band
decoder, Array Solutions Sixpack

Antennas:

F12 C31XR w/separate feed lines, Cushcraft A3WS w/30m, Cushcraft
XM240, 80m dipole on top of 54' tower.

I imagine having something that is easy to tune for quick band changes
will be helpful while contesting. My current SB-220 is easy, but it's
narrow and needs retuning as I go throughout the band if I want to be
anywhere near my max output.

Thanks,

Tim, N6WIN.